All Apps and Add-ons

dbx is filling up the splunkd.log

hartfoml
Motivator

I instated the new db connect over the old one.

I have this line in the dbx inputs.conf

[script://$SPLUNK_HOME\etc\apps\dbx\bin\jbridge_server.py]
disabled = 0

I changed disable = 1 to stop the jbridge scripted from filling up the splunkd.log but it is still running. How can I stop this .py without restarting splunkd

07-15-2013 15:47:25.064 -0500 INFO ExecProcessor - Ran script: python /opt/splunkf/splunk/etc/apps/dbx/bin/jbridge_server.py, took 222.6 milliseconds to run, 0 bytes read, exited with code 1
07-15-2013 15:47:25.264 -0500 INFO ExecProcessor - Ran script: python /opt/splunkf/splunk/etc/apps/dbx/bin/jbridge_server.py, took 198.6 milliseconds to run, 0 bytes read, exited with code 1
07-15-2013 15:47:25.496 -0500 INFO ExecProcessor - Ran script: python /opt/splunkf/splunk/etc/apps/dbx/bin/jbridge_server.py, took 230.4 milliseconds to run, 0 bytes read, exited with code 1
07-15-2013 15:47:25.718 -0500 INFO ExecProcessor - Ran script: python /opt/splunkf/splunk/etc/apps/dbx/bin/jbridge_server.py, took 220.9 milliseconds to run, 0 bytes read, exited with code 1
07-15-2013 15:47:25.941 -0500 INFO ExecProcessor - Ran script: python /opt/splunkf/splunk/etc/apps/dbx/bin/jbridge_server.py, took 221.7 milliseconds to run, 0 bytes read, exited with code 1

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

grijhwani
Motivator

For the most part Splunk only reloads configs on a restart. Tat said, if you can reach it as an application configuration through the GUI you might have more luck in disabling it and persuading it to stop. Just speculation, mind. Failing that you will just have to bite the bullet and restart. Unless you have logs coming in over UDP somehow (Splunk native syslog server?) it shouldn't cause too much of a problem just bouncing Splunk.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

For the most part Splunk only reloads configs on a restart. Tat said, if you can reach it as an application configuration through the GUI you might have more luck in disabling it and persuading it to stop. Just speculation, mind. Failing that you will just have to bite the bullet and restart. Unless you have logs coming in over UDP somehow (Splunk native syslog server?) it shouldn't cause too much of a problem just bouncing Splunk.

0 Karma

hartfoml
Motivator

Thanks I tried the GUI first. The GUI did not update the congif file so I tried that second. the system is monitored for down time and I am not allowed to take it off line without notifying the system owner.

Thanks for the suggestions.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...