All Apps and Add-ons

dbconnect 3.X -jtds****.tmp file issue

splunk24
Path Finder

we have installed the dbconnect 3.X
and we are using windows auth to connect to sql server

as per yours doc , windows auth is only available in form of jtds only for linux OS

issue is this is generating tmp files in /tmp folder
jtds********.tmp file
which is causing the issue
can you please explain the reason for the same
why it is generated what is the purpose
where we can define the path of this file

millarma
Path Finder

yes, in the DBconnect Configuration > Settings > General > JVM Options section you can add
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/app/javatmp to change the temp directory where the are stored. Here you can see I changed it to /app/javatmp.

In my case, the .tmp files were over filling the 2g of my /tmp directory, the default path. When i directed them to a new location with more space, the files clean themselves up after the ingest completes.

0 Karma

att35
Builder

we are running into same issue. Has anyone encountered this situation before? Any way to re-direct these files elsewhere?

0 Karma

millarma
Path Finder

yes, in the DBconnect Configuration > Settings > General > JVM Options section you can add
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/app/javatmp to change the temp directory where the are stored. Here you can see I changed it to /app/javatmp.

In my case, the .tmp files were over filling the 2g of my /tmp directory, the default path. When i directed them to a new location with more space, the files clean themselves up after the ingest completes.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...