All Apps and Add-ons

Why is db connect not working?

ryoku
Explorer

have installed db connect and task server is working fine
when I click on the app it is showing up nicely for 1 second and then redirects me to

ftr#/welcome?_k=klcut1
where k= is changing all the time
and then the wheel keeps spinning
pls help

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

michierus
Engager

I had the same problem, I built a fresh install of Splunk and install the DB Connect app, it works fine.

0 Karma

jeburkes76
Explorer

This is not a DB Connect issue, directly, it is an issue with the Splunk server. If you build a fresh install of Splunk and install the DB Connect app, it works fine. DB Connect logs won't help. I have yet to figure out if it is a file permission issue or something else, as this is in a dev/test environment. I will do some troubleshooting and see if I can figure it out, but just know you are dealing with a Splunk server side issue. If you figure anything out, post it here please.

Jeremy

velsankar

Thank you Jeremy..you saved a lot of my time. A fresh install of Splunk solved the problem. Will figure out later what could have happened. It could be to do with permissions as I do remember changing splunk directory permissions recursively at some point.

0 Karma

jeburkes76
Explorer

Yep I did the same thing, going to look at that now on my broken "instance" and see if I can figure it out.

0 Karma

ryoku
Explorer

Chrome Console:

ftr.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'Symbol(Symbol.iterator)' of undefined
at ftr.js:1
(anonymous) @ ftr.js:1
Promise.then (async)
value @ ftr.js:1
e.(anonymous function) @ common.js:108
CallbackQueue.notifyAll @ common.js:86
close @ common.js:103
closeAll @ common.js:86
perform @ common.js:86
batchedMountComponentIntoNode @ common.js:104
perform @ common.js:86
batchedUpdates @ common.js:103
batchedUpdates @ common.js:86
renderNewRootComponent @ common.js:104
_renderSubtreeIntoContainer @ common.js:104
render @ common.js:104
0 @ ftr.js:1
__webpack_require
_ @ common.js:1
window.webpackJsonp @ common.js:1
(anonymous) @ ftr.js:1
15:42:54.342

iamarkaprabha
Contributor

Hi ryoku,

Can you share the dbx logs for this issue ?

0 Karma

jeburkes76
Explorer

You ever figure out this issue? having the same issue and can't seem to figure out why, thanks.

0 Karma

velsankar

I am having he same issue and unable to figure out why. Please let know if you solved it. thanks

0 Karma

andy_s
Engager

I ran into this exact same problem in my own environment, and it turned out to be because it was running with a Free license - the DB Connect app attempts to query the server for available Roles, and trying to do that on a Free-licensed server results in the error message "Requires license feature='Auth'" which causes the above-mentioned Javascript error.

The documentation for this app makes no mention of this requirement - in fact, the Fact Sheet suggests that it should work (by suggesting you start with a Trial license and potentially convert to a perpetual Free license).

k_ori
Engager

DB connect cannot be used with FREE license splunk. !!!

This information is extremely important for me, maybe not only for me.

Great Thanks !!

and I could not see this massage easily.

keyword: "task server is running" wait for long time rounding circle

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

what version of db connect did you install? and what version of splunk are you on?

0 Karma

ryoku
Explorer

Splunk

DBXConnect

schedulerStatus: 0,
info: {

Task server is running

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...