All Apps and Add-ons

cpu.sh is not working in new unix app

Dimitri_McKay
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

CPU.sh is required to populate some of the dashboards in the unix app. Unfortunately, when I run cpu.sh manually nothing happens. How do I get this running. I'm using a vanilla install of centOS.

1 Solution

Dimitri_McKay
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Well, Dimitri, it sounds like quite the problem. 🙂

You may want to make sure that the sysstat package, which includes sar, is installed. Cpu.sh has a dependency on that and unfortunately, until that's installed, you're stuck.

yum -y install sysstat

Once that's installed, restart Splunk and you'll be in good shape.

View solution in original post

Dimitri_McKay
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Well, Dimitri, it sounds like quite the problem. 🙂

You may want to make sure that the sysstat package, which includes sar, is installed. Cpu.sh has a dependency on that and unfortunately, until that's installed, you're stuck.

yum -y install sysstat

Once that's installed, restart Splunk and you'll be in good shape.

chimbudp
Contributor

Thanks......

0 Karma

thapeli

Thank you

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

systat is only required for linux operating systems. For Solaris, the scripted inputs (top.sh, vmstat.sh, etc) should work with the solaris tools such as prstat, etc.

0 Karma

abhicool20

How will this work on SPARC/Solaris11 as there is no sysstat package on Solaris 11?

0 Karma

christantoy
Path Finder

Your the man!!! you made my day dude!!!

0 Karma

bwooden
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks Dimitri. And Dimitri.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...