All Apps and Add-ons

convert First discovered date to human readable date format

leonaheidern

Hi all I am using the default saved search in tenable app for splunk and the first discovered date is in 1568779472 .

How do I convert this value into a human readable date such as 2019/SEP/18

Tags (1)
0 Karma

leonaheidern

I am using Tenable.sc . Thanks at least now I know what the source time format is in so I can try updating the search

I am having an issue converting the date time format as the first_found and last_found dates are in the drilldown part of the query

I have tried editing the Source XML with
| eval first_found= strfptime(first_found ,"%25Y-%25m-%25dT%25H:%25M:%25S") | eval last_found= strfptime(last_found ,"%25Y-%25m-%25dT%25H:%25M:%25S")

However when I do this the dashboard becomes unclickable.

0 Karma

TheChrisSard
Engager

Not sure if this got solved, but I was able to get it formatted using the following:

| inputlookup sc_vuln_data_lookup
| eval first_found = strftime(first_found, "%c")
| eval last_found = strfrtime(last_found, "%c")
0 Karma

nkeuning
Communicator

There are a couple different ways you could do this.
- You could update your splunk search to convert these in real-time.
- You could customize the saved search to convert the timestamp from epoch to string prior to storing it in the lookup table. NOTE: T.sc and T.io provide different timestamp formats or the same values, so if you are using both you will need to take that into consideration with this option.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...