All Apps and Add-ons

configuration at Heavy Forwarder instance to forward SavedSearch summary index data at Receiving instance

kalyan_goutham

Hi Team,

Can you please let me know what should be the configuration done at the heavy Forwarder Splunk instance so that the saved search results that are indexed into the Summary index can be forwarded to the Receiving instance.  Currently, i have configured HF1 to forward data to Search Peer 1.

This allows me to route all the Splunk DB Connect query results to Search Peer instance without fail.

However if i have a Saved search created at the HF instance (There is a need to have a saved search configured in my-case at HF), how can the saved search results be routed to the Search Peer. 

Can i configure the HF instance HF1 to be another Search Peer for the Search Peer1 instance  to obtain the data.

Will appreciate any help on this regard.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

anilchaithu
Builder

@kalyan_goutham 

If you want to forward the summary index data to search peer 1, The current configuration to forward data (HF1 -> search peer 1) would suffice for the summary index as well.

Hope this helps

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...