All Apps and Add-ons

command="sendemail", [Errno -2] Name or service not known while sending mail to xxx@gmail.com

timyong80
Explorer

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what the above error message means when using the sendemail function? I've googled it but there were no results. Alert email works fine but not sendemail.

FYI, this error occurred on Splunk Cloud. I've seen a similar error below in Splunk on-prem (solved by adjusting some roles to the account) but this is a new error that I've encountered. 

[map]: command="sendemail", 'rootCAPath' while sending mail to: xxx@gmail.com

It appears that the sendemail function is not configured or installed in this Splunk Cloud instance. Is there any steps that needs to be configured by the admin (sendemail.py, etc)? I supposed the configurations should be the same as in Splunk on-prem? If yes, would appreciate your advice so that I can let my admin know.  

Thank you.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...