All Apps and Add-ons

capture network traffic on cisco switch

malshibani5529
Engager

HI

Can i setup  Splunk for continues  traffic capture from cisco switch , i need to collect  capture network traffic for 30 day  period ,Any article's or step's on how to do that.

thanks

Labels (1)

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @malshibani5529 

Can i setup  Splunk for continues  traffic capture from Cisco switch /// Yes, Sure you can setup.

i need to collect  capture network traffic for 30 day  period // yes, its possible, its simple.

Any article's or step's on how to do that /// this is a big and long task. you have to plan this step by step. 

1. first you should collect logs from cisco switch (you can search for this. search for "splunk, cisco switch syslog").

2. once data/logs reached splunk indexer, you can create, for 30 days reports/alerts/dashboards, etc.

if you ask a specific question, we can troublehsoot that and move forward, one step at a time.

Best Regards,

Sekar

PS - Karma points appreciated!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...