All Apps and Add-ons

XenApp Missing Citrix_Licensing index

loatswil
Path Finder

I have the XenApp running and collecting some data but I continue to get the "received event for unconfigured/disabled index='citrix_licensing'" message. Apparently that index wasn't created after installing the app on my indexers. I have two remote indexers and one search head.

My question is: Can I just copy the lines for the other indexes from the 'indexes.conf' file inside the default directory (and rename them of course) and then restart SPlunk to create them? Or is there something more I am missing?

Can someone post the lines for the 'citrix_licensing' index from their indexes.conf file?

All of the other indexes were created but the only one that shows any activity is the xenapp_alerts. Everything seems to be working (aside from the licensing portion) but none of the other indexes show any activity. Is that normal behavior?

Thanks for the help!

joshgilliland
Engager

Ran into this myself; also had to manually add these entries to get it to work. Now I just need to figure out why I'm getting 'divide by zero' errors from the powershell script on my licensing server...

0 Karma

loatswil
Path Finder

I went ahead and added this to the indexes.conf file, restarted Splunk and it's all working fine now.

In the immortal words of the weird irish girlfriend in Caddyshack "Tanks fer nuttin'." 😃

[citrix_licensing]
homePath = $SPLUNK_DB/citrix_licensing/db
coldPath = $SPLUNK_DB/citrix_licensing/colddb
thawedPath = $SPLUNK_DB/citrix_licensing/thaweddb

[citrix_licensing_alerts]
homePath = $SPLUNK_DB/citrix_licensing_alerts/db
coldPath = $SPLUNK_DB/citrix_licensing_alerts/colddb
thawedPath = $SPLUNK_DB/citrix_licensing_alerts/thaweddb

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...