All Apps and Add-ons

Workday REST API connection - HTTP 503 error

rgonzale6
Path Finder

We've configured and installed the WorkDay for Splunk TA and run into some issues.

I believe our Client ID, Client Secret, and Refresh Token have been correctly retrieved and entered from our WorkDay backend but we're consistently seeing this issue with no good connection:

HTTPError: HTTP 503 Service Unavailable -- KV Store initialization failed. Please contact your system administrator.

Has anyone seen this error in their experience? If my auth was bad I'd expect a HTTP 403. This seems to be saying our Workday endpoint isn't configured properly or our add-on client isn't registered.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

acharlieh
Influencer

Not knowing much about the Workday Add-on... it may use Splunk's KVStore, and that message namely "KVStore Initialization Failed" sounds like there's something wrong with that component of your Splunk installation. You may want to peruse some of the kvstore tagged questions for some hints / things to look at.

Nadine Miller also gave a virtual .conf talk last April entitled "KVStore Hammer Time" that may also be helpful.

View solution in original post

acharlieh
Influencer

Not knowing much about the Workday Add-on... it may use Splunk's KVStore, and that message namely "KVStore Initialization Failed" sounds like there's something wrong with that component of your Splunk installation. You may want to peruse some of the kvstore tagged questions for some hints / things to look at.

Nadine Miller also gave a virtual .conf talk last April entitled "KVStore Hammer Time" that may also be helpful.

rgonzale6
Path Finder

Thank you! Indeed This was my problem! Expired cert, even after upgrade.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...