All Apps and Add-ons

Windows installer on Splunk 6.4.x universal forwarders installed the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows 4.8.0. Was this feature removed in 6.5.0?

nk-1
Path Finder

The Windows installer in the 6.4 Universal Forwarder installed the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows 4.8.0.
Was that feature removed in the 6.5 Universal Forwarder?

0 Karma
1 Solution

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That option is available if you click "Customise options" while running the installer on windows.

What I have found to be better practice in my opinion is to install nothing besides the universal forwarder and point this to a deployment server, then let the deployment server send over the current Splunk_TA_windows.

By using the deployment server you can then remotely update the Splunk_TA_windows and update multiple servers to include new log sources or similar (or just a single server if you prefer).

View solution in original post

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That option is available if you click "Customise options" while running the installer on windows.

What I have found to be better practice in my opinion is to install nothing besides the universal forwarder and point this to a deployment server, then let the deployment server send over the current Splunk_TA_windows.

By using the deployment server you can then remotely update the Splunk_TA_windows and update multiple servers to include new log sources or similar (or just a single server if you prefer).

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...