All Apps and Add-ons

Will it support Splunk 8.0?

gontatata
Explorer

Hello.

I tried to install G Suite for Splunk (Also IA too).
But when upload to Splunk, took long time to completion message.
Also never finished restart.
After remove this app, Splunk worked correctly.

Maybe it doesn't support splunk 8.0, Will it support 8.0?
Or do you know any alternative solutions?
,Dear.

I tried to install G Suite for Splunk and IA-GsuiteforSplunk, but when upload file from Splunk Web Console, took long time for upload and never finished restart Splunk.

After remove this App, Splunk worked Correctly.
Maybe it doesn't support Splunk 8.0.

Will it support for Splunk 8.0 or do you have any alternative solution for G-Suite?

0 Karma
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This App will support Splunk 8, but there is some leg work to be done, that is in progress. No ETA.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hcheang_407etr

GSuiteforSplunk (ver. 1.2.3) and IA-GSuiteForSplunk (ver 1.2.3) will cause webui to shutdown and unavailable.
Disabling the app won't fix. You will have to move the entire directory somewhere else.

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This App will support Splunk 8, but there is some leg work to be done, that is in progress. No ETA.

0 Karma

gontatata
Explorer

Thank you, I need to wait until support. 😞

0 Karma

vnguyen46
Contributor

Splunk 8.0 support python 3.0 and I believe that app was built with python 2.7 or older. You can verify that in the companion document. Also, you can download the Splunk 8.0 upgrade ready to check if there is any issues before moving to 8.0.

I still remain at 7.3.2 and all old apps are still working well.

0 Karma

gontatata
Explorer

Thank you for your answer.
We started to use from Yesterday then started from Ver.8.0....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...