All Apps and Add-ons

Will IMAP Mailbox work for Splunk 6.2?

kltest
Explorer

Hello,

I can't see how to install IMAP Mailbox in 6.2, presumably because it hasn't been marked as compatible with this version. Any chance I can force install it somehow..?

Thanks,

Andy

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

adauria_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can try to untar the package into your $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/ directory (should create its own sub directory) and restart Splunk.

View solution in original post

adauria_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can try to untar the package into your $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/ directory (should create its own sub directory) and restart Splunk.

kltest
Explorer

Thanks Adauria, I managed to get it installed via this method but it wouldn't work.

Eventually, I found that I needed to add the following line at the end of Splunk\etc\apps\IMAPmailbox\default\restmap.conf:

handleractions=create,edit,list,remove,enable,disable,_reload

I then deleted the generated imap.conf file and copied the one from default, edited it and put my server details in, edited inputs.conf to enable the section for Windows and added the complete Splunk path in and it worked fine. 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...