All Apps and Add-ons

Why is the addinfo command not working for some of our team members?

Jagadeesh2022
Path Finder

Hi Friends,

while I'm using  |addinfo in my search and I can retrieve data successfully but our client can't view the data in this query. But they can access that index successfully. Only |addinfo is unable to search them.

Could you please guide me which capability related with this command ?

Which capability I need to provide permission to them to access |addinfo command ?

My query:

index=pg_idx_whse_snow_prod sourcetype="snow:incident" source="https://pgglobalenterprise.service-now.com/"
| addinfo
| eval earliest=strftime(info_min_time,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"), latest=strftime(info_max_time,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S")
| where (sys_created_on>=earliest)
| dedup ticket_id
| stats count

Labels (4)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Jagadeesh2022
Path Finder

Hi @isoutamo ,

Thank you so much for your reply.  We just identified the issues. Its not relate with addinfo command. 

| dedup ticket_id

This line has issue. Some of users don't have visibility to ticket_id field that's why they can't see the result.

Thanks once again. 

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi
are you sure that other team members have any results when they running 1st line separately?
I cannot recall that addinfo needs any special capability?

They could test if they can run it by

|makeresults
|addinfo

If this shows those fields then it's working for them.

r. Ismo

Jagadeesh2022
Path Finder

Hi @isoutamo ,

Thank you so much for your reply.  We just identified the issues. Its not relate with addinfo command. 

| dedup ticket_id

This line has issue. Some of users don't have visibility to ticket_id field that's why they can't see the result.

Thanks once again. 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...