All Apps and Add-ons

Why is the TA-forwarderquery Add-on missing files that are referenced in commands.conf?

tlmayes
Contributor

Does this App actually work "as-is"? Installed in a Search Head cluster environment and then went through the files from the provided tar file. Specifically the file "commands.conf" references 4 python files

[forwarderquery]
filename = forwarderquery.py

[forwarderquery2]
filename = forwarderquery2.py

[forwarderconfig]
filename = forwarderconfig.py

[splunkrestlookup]
filename = lookup_splunkrest.py

These files do not exist, within the provided downloaded App, within the Search Heads, or within the Universal Forwarders (I assumed that maybe existing Splunk resources were being leveraged).

Am I missing something, or is this app DOA?

See y'all at the conference in Oct.....

0 Karma

dominiquevocat
Motivator

Because i missed out removing the references.
Were you specifically missing them or why do you conclude it does not work?

0 Karma

dmaislin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I assume you are referencing the https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2775/ app which is the TA-forwarderquery. I see that in this specific app it contains a forwarderquery.py in the bin directory of this TA.

This App is not created or supported by Splunk, but by someone who is a Splunk app developer, Dominique Vocat . You can reach out to them on the app page for additional support.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...