All Apps and Add-ons

Why is the Splunk App for ServiceNow returning IDs in JSON format?

wegscd
Contributor

Our ServiceNow instance is actually returning a JSON structure instead of just an ID for things like assignment groups, caller ids, etc.

Our sales engineer is seeing this in his demo instance:

cmdb_ci="27e3a47cc0a8000b001d28ab291fa65b"

From our instance, I get:

cmdb_ci="{u'value': u'75bfce366fed8500f2526d6eae3ee4e5', u'link': u'https://whirlpool.service-now.com/api/now/table/cmdb_ci/75bfce366fed8500f2526d6eae3ee4e5'}"

Has anyone else seen things in the JSON format (and worked around it)?

0 Karma
1 Solution

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

This is a defect in the TA that should be fixed in our next maintenance release.
Thanks,

View solution in original post

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

This is a defect in the TA that should be fixed in our next maintenance release.
Thanks,

bawood
Path Finder

Any ETA on the maintenance release to fix this issue?

0 Karma

wegscd
Contributor

here's the workaround until we see the fix from Splunk:

Update line 195 in snow_data_loader.py to be:
params = "?sysparm_exclude_reference_link=true&sysparm_query={}".format(params)

By adding the sysparm_exclude_reference_link=true parameter SN returns the expected result.

wegscd
Contributor

any way to get a patch earlier? I'm dead in the water here; I either have to modify all the queries, or else go in and fix the TA myself. The fix looks straightforward....

0 Karma

wegscd
Contributor

never mind. SE forwarded patch to me.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...