All Apps and Add-ons

Why is the Setup Action missing after installing Cb Response App for Splunk version 2.0.4?

ryanoconnor
Builder

I am trying to configure the CB Response App for Splunk version 2.0.4 on Splunk 6.3.8.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3336/#/details

When I go through the documentation, I am missing a "Setup" action listed in Step 3 of "To configure the Cb Response app for Splunk to connect to your Cb Response server:"

Does anyone know why this link may be missing? Having trouble configuring the app without it.

0 Karma
1 Solution

carbonblack
Path Finder

There may be an issue with how the setup is handled for older versions of Splunk (< 6.4). The new setup screen is generated by Splunk Add-On Builder 2.0, and I believe that setup screen is only compatible with Splunk 6.4 and above. I will double check with my Splunk contacts on this question.

You may be able to access the setup page directly, can you access the URL /en-US/app/DA-ESS-CbResponse/setup_page?action=edit on your Splunk server?

Thanks
- Jason

View solution in original post

carbonblack
Path Finder

There may be an issue with how the setup is handled for older versions of Splunk (< 6.4). The new setup screen is generated by Splunk Add-On Builder 2.0, and I believe that setup screen is only compatible with Splunk 6.4 and above. I will double check with my Splunk contacts on this question.

You may be able to access the setup page directly, can you access the URL /en-US/app/DA-ESS-CbResponse/setup_page?action=edit on your Splunk server?

Thanks
- Jason

ptricoli
Engager

I realize this is old, but I have this exact same issue with Splunk 7.1.2 and CB Response 2.1.2. I had no issue installing CB Defense in Splunk.

I have tried http://localhost:8000/en-US/app/DA-ESS-CbResponse?setup=1 and it goes right to the dashboard configuration. I haven't been able to define the API token and URL.

0 Karma

ptricoli
Engager

Should anyone else have this problem and stumble upon this question…

It turns out that moving to a remote system instead of running from the server allowed the setup page to appear. I do not know if it was a browser (Internet Explorer) restriction on the server or if host headers came into play when reaching the page from another system, but this resolved the issue in my case.

0 Karma

ryanoconnor
Builder

Thank you Jason. Accessing that page directly was a successful workaround for pre 6.4.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...