All Apps and Add-ons

Why is the Account Setup page in the Splunk App for ServiceNow not loading?

adityac

I am trying to configure the Splunk App for ServiceNow, and when I try to open the Account Set up link in configuration, it opens nothing, The page says loading and it never loads.

I have tried this from different browsers and machines.

Regards,
Aditya

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you deploy the add-on too? http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ServiceNow/4.0.1/Install/Installon-prem

Step 1: Deploy both the app and add-on to your search heads.

0 Karma

adityac

Yes, We already have the Servicenow Add-in installed and enabled on the box.

Regards,
Aditya

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Id' make sure the app is installed correctly, correct file permissions, ownership, etc.

0 Karma

adityac

Yes, I did ensure that, The permissions are correct and scope is Global, Also I did check in Service now Instance that we have sufficient data to pull. I tried disable and enable the app again so that it restarts the splunk interface.

Is there a way, I can configure it from any config file ? or I will re phrase the question as, which configuration file I should see and check to ensure everything seems correct on configuration side.

I tried updating the servicenow_conf file in local directory too.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Just to be sure... I meant the filesystem permissions not the knowledge object permissions. Yes you can manually configure the servicenow.conf file as far as I know.

0 Karma

pchen_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Aditya

What version of Splunk did you use? Is there any error message in your browser console? If you use Chrome, you can open console by "view->developer->javascript console".

Peter

0 Karma

adityac

Hi Peter,

We are using 6.1 version, It does not show any error. it says "page Loading". I have attached the screen shot for the reference.

I cannot send you a screen shot as I am getting message that I cannot add any attachment unless I have some points.

Steps which I followed:

1. Open the Splunk app.
  2. Click on "Servicenow App for Splunk"
  3. Click on Configure - > "Account Setup".
  4. The Blank page Opens and in the center if page it says "Loading".

URL : http://Server-name/en-US/app/splunk_app_servicenow/snow_overview

I tried other way by changing the conf file to enter Servicenow Instance and credentials and it still does not show any data.

Regards,
Aditya

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...