All Apps and Add-ons

Why is strptime not working with Calendar - Custom Visualization?

kiran331
Builder

Hi

I want to show the Logon time and logoff time and duration in calendar customization in human readable format but its not working when I convert epoch time in to readable format.

search i'm using:

index=cisco_wsa user=abcdk| eval time=_time | timechart span=1d min(time) as "LogonTime", max(time) as "LogoffTime"|eval Duration=(LogoffTime - LogonTime)/3600 |convert  timeformat="%m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S" ctime(*)
0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The calendar custom visualization is expecting numerical data for the values which is similar to a line chart. Basically, if it works on a line chart, it should work on the calendar as well.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried using fieldformat?

index=cisco_wsa user=acdkn002 | eval time=_time | timechart span=1d min(time) as "LogonTime", max(time) as "LogoffTime"|eval Duration=(LogoffTime - LogonTime)/3600 |fieldformat LogonTime=strftime(LogonTime,"%m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S") |fieldformat LogoffTime =strftime(LogoffTime ,"%m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S")
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

kiran331
Builder

I tried, its not working.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...