All Apps and Add-ons

Why is data not retrieved from Cisco AMP for Endpoints using "Cisco AMP for Endpoints Event Input" app?

ksakagaw
Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve data from Cisco AMP for Endpoints using "Cisco AMP for Endpoints Event Input" app. But "New Input" can not be created with stopping at attachment screen, and the data is not retrieve from AMP for Endpoints via API. The API key is accurate.

Does anyone success to retrieve data using Splunk8 and App verion 2.0.2?

I am trying on next version:
Splunk version 8.1.0
Cisco AMP for Endpoints Event Input app 2.0.2

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would suggest checking below rather than changing Splunk versions:

1. check the console of your browser to make sure there are no JS errors

2. check splunkd.log and python.log files to check what is the actual error behind not able to connect

3. Make sure you have the right connectivity from the Splunk instance

VatsalJagani_0-1647793360823.png

View solution in original post

0 Karma

tanazy
Loves-to-Learn

Hello, I have the same problem, but all rights are entered correctly, the error gives out for a large number of inputs

Amp4eEvents ERROR - API Error (status 429): {"error":{"code":"429","message":"SPEED LIMIT EXCEEDED in next slot in 41min 38s"}}

Tell me how to reduce the amount of nutrients in API to CISCO AMP servers?

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would suggest checking below rather than changing Splunk versions:

1. check the console of your browser to make sure there are no JS errors

2. check splunkd.log and python.log files to check what is the actual error behind not able to connect

3. Make sure you have the right connectivity from the Splunk instance

VatsalJagani_0-1647793360823.png

0 Karma

ksakagaw
Explorer

Hi VatsalJagani,

I checked your mentioned points. It seems JS error has occurred on Chrome browser. When I use Firefox, It was able to save and proceed screen. Thanks a lot!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...