All Apps and Add-ons

Why is Splunk IT Essentials Work unable to retrieve subscription data?

KBeyer
Observer

I'm trying to setup the Splunk IT Essentials Work app in a single instance environment, and when I open up the app it says it is unable to retrieve subscription data. None of the documentation mentions anything related to a subscription. I was under the impression that I just needed to download and install this app, what subscription is it looking for?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

Stefanie
Builder

I'd reach out to Splunk Support for guidance. 

While it is possible to bypass the license checks for IT Essentials, I'm unsure of the ethics behind modifying their configurations for IT Essentials.

0 Karma

Stefanie
Builder

Did you install the latest version? While yes, you do not need a subscription to utilize IT Essentials Work, there are some scripts that check to see if you have a license for ITSI.

Does your server not have access to reach out to Splunk?

0 Karma

KBeyer
Observer

It's the latest version, 4.11.4. The server does not have access to reach out to Splunk, nor is that a configuration that can be made on the server.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...