All Apps and Add-ons

Why is Splunk App for AWS not collecting data after installation?

marcuspauli

Hello world,

after installing the App for AWS and configured everything according to the documentation, I still receive no data but below error message in the splunkd.log.

Does anybody have had that problem as well and solved it finally?

08-13-2014 15:08:21.756 +0100 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/var/pool/etc/apps/SplunkAppforAWS/bin/aws-cloudtrail.py" AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_message_class'

Thanks a lot
Marcus

0 Karma

_d_
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Looks like you're using the old (v2) version of the App. I encourage you to start using version 3 alongside the Add-on.

0 Karma

marcuspauli

Just forgot an important line:

08-13-2014 15:08:21.756 +0100 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/var/pool/etc/apps/SplunkAppforAWS/bin/aws-cloudtrail.py" queue.set_message_class(boto.sqs.message.RawMessage)

08-13-2014 15:08:21.756 +0100 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/var/pool/etc/apps/SplunkAppforAWS/bin/aws-cloudtrail.py" AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_message_class'

0 Karma

acclaypool1
Explorer

Same Error for me in my Splunk....

12-17-2014 16:14:17.988 -0600 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SplunkAppforAWS/bin/aws-cloudtrail.py" AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_message_class'

I had ignore describe turned off. Will be hopefully upgrading soon.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...