All Apps and Add-ons

Why is PassAuth Failing on Sophos Central app?

Path Finder

Hi, im having some problems getting a sessionkey when using the sophos endpoint app. Running the script manually using splunk cmd python bin/sophos_events.py and im jjust getting:

Did not receive a session key from splunkd. Please enable passAuth in inputs.conf for this script

My local/inputs.conf looks like this:

[script://opt/splunk/etc/apps/sophos_central/bin/sophos_events.py]
start_by_shell = false
disabled = false
interval = 300
sourcetype = sophos:central:event
passAuth   = splunk-system-user
index = sophos

I have also added passAuth = splunk-system-user to system/local/inputs.conf and added a commands.conf to the root folder of the app with:

[script://$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/sophos_central/bin/sophos_events.py]
passauth = true
enableheaI'mr = true

I'm running this on an indexer in a non-clustered distributed environment. Nothing is being logged in var/log/splunk/python.log. The script actually just hangs when I run it until I hit enter and then I get the error. Running Splunk and executing the script as root. Really starting to do my head in if anyone can suggest anything it would be greatly appreciated!

0 Karma
1 Solution

Path Finder

This was because I was running it from the command line, apparently I would need to hard code the admin creds into the script to do this. Thanks to d3.iso on the slack channel for this info!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Path Finder

This was because I was running it from the command line, apparently I would need to hard code the admin creds into the script to do this. Thanks to d3.iso on the slack channel for this info!

View solution in original post

0 Karma