All Apps and Add-ons

Why don't I receive metrics from AWS CLI user?

Brausepaule
Path Finder

Hi All,

i am a bit puzzeled. I know that connecting to a foreign AWS account via user credentials is in itself a bit of an open issue (security wise), but it should work. And it does work for the Instance "Splunk Obeservability", however it does not for self hosted instance of Splunk Enterprise.

So both instances use the same user and therefore same policies.

I saw a post from way back that you should eliminate all namespaces not needed anyhow. So I did and am left with two namespaces/dimensions i know should fetch information => AWS/EC2, AWS/EBS.

I also have a local AMI Role for my local AWS account which works just fine, even with dimensions not used in AWS.

There is however one abnormality in the logs:

Brausepaule_0-1677590143064.png

Input via Splunk_AWS_Role works great, but input with Cross_Splunk_Connection delivers no data, but also does not log any errors.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mike

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...