All Apps and Add-ons

Why doesn't the Splunk Metrics Workspace show a way to limit on index?

jtrujillo
Path Finder

Metric Workspace doesn't seem to show a way to initially limit on index. I now have many metric indices and have duplicate metric names that make it impossible to use the workspace without filtering.

Any ideas?

0 Karma
1 Solution

kvarun_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Jeffery - Thanks for the feedback. We plan to provide a solution to this in an upcoming version through index based filters in workspace.,Hi Jeffery - Thanks for the feedback. We plan to provide a solution to this in an upcoming version through index based filters.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kvarun_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Update: The latest version v1.1.6 which was released last week and is pre-installed with Enterprise 7.3 - provides support for filtering metrics from different indexes. Index is added as a dimension automatically now.

0 Karma

kvarun_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Jeffery - Thanks for the feedback. We plan to provide a solution to this in an upcoming version through index based filters in workspace.,Hi Jeffery - Thanks for the feedback. We plan to provide a solution to this in an upcoming version through index based filters.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...