All Apps and Add-ons

Why doesn't license volume usage data populate?

lball
Explorer

I installed the Meta Woot! App for Splunk, and most of the data is populating as expected, but when I go to “Meta Woot! License Volume Usage”, I are not getting any data. I have a distributed deployment. I'm not sure why the data isn't populating for this tab. Any ideas?

0 Karma
1 Solution

mattymo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi lball,

The license view is powered by a data model called "Meta Woot License Usage" which needs to be on a Search head with visibility to license_usage.log. The base search is:

index=_internal source="*license_usage.log" sourcetype=splunkd type="Usage"

Try searching this manually from your Search Head, if you get no results, then either forward your License Manager logs to your indexers, or put meta woot on your Monitoring console or License Master.

- MattyMo

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mattymo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi lball,

The license view is powered by a data model called "Meta Woot License Usage" which needs to be on a Search head with visibility to license_usage.log. The base search is:

index=_internal source="*license_usage.log" sourcetype=splunkd type="Usage"

Try searching this manually from your Search Head, if you get no results, then either forward your License Manager logs to your indexers, or put meta woot on your Monitoring console or License Master.

- MattyMo
0 Karma

lball
Explorer

Thanks for the help. Once I insalled it on the Deployment server (license manager) it worked beautifully.

0 Karma

mattymo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

awesome! Shout out to the Discovered Intelligence boys! Meta Woot is awesome!

- MattyMo
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...