All Apps and Add-ons

Why does Splunk DB Connect require a JDK to be installed?

crisjnelson
Explorer

In my case, security constraints do not allow JDK installations in production. What specific components of the JDK does Splunk DB Connect utilize? This information would be helpful in order to request an implementation exception in order to continue my work.

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi
you can find a description how DB Connect works at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.1.0/DeployDBX/HowSplunkDBConnectworks
Anyway, if you open this App you can see that there are some java modules, with particulare attention to server.jar that is the main DB Connect module (the one that you see as running on web interface).

I don't think that you can enable only a part of JRE, eventually ast this to Splunk Support.

Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi
you can find a description how DB Connect works at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.1.0/DeployDBX/HowSplunkDBConnectworks
Anyway, if you open this App you can see that there are some java modules, with particulare attention to server.jar that is the main DB Connect module (the one that you see as running on web interface).

I don't think that you can enable only a part of JRE, eventually ast this to Splunk Support.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

crisjnelson
Explorer

I appreciate the information. I have opened a case with Splunk Support to obtain more details. I will share when I hear back.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...