All Apps and Add-ons

Why does DBConnect sometime index events that's lacking field value?

phamxuantung
Communicator

This happen sometime on this DB and the only one that I experience this. The view, fields and value are pretty simple, my input also. But sometime it don't index certain fields that make it difficult to make statistical report.

I checked the view and they certainly have those fields and value but the events are lacking them

phamxuantung_0-1685443028763.png

Another weird thing is some events are duplicate and some aren't. The events that are not duplicate is the one lacking fields.

phamxuantung_1-1685443260837.png

I never seen this before and don't know how to resovle this.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you certain the fields are present in the DB?  DB Connect cannot fetch what is not there.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

phamxuantung
Communicator

Yes, I'm certain that the fields are present in the DB, does have value and not null. In fact, it cannot fetch what I specify it to fetch although that fields have values. 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check the DBX logs for messages that might explain why the fields were not extracted.  Perhaps they contain bad characters or something like that (just guessing).

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...