All Apps and Add-ons

Why do I get the error "MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers" when triggering alert action?

jcardardozo

Hi Everyone,

Here is some context,  one of our customers is using our Splunk App we created with the Add On builder. All it does is forward alerts into our platform and we use splunk.Intersplunk to get the search results. 

The customer is getting the following error but we do not know why:

"07-11-2022 15:31:37.179 +0000 ERROR sendmodalert - action=bigpanda_alert STDERR -  backports.configparser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.","2022-07-11T11:31:37.179+0000","bigpanda_alert",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sendmodalert,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,15,11,31,july,37,monday,2022,0,,,,,,,,,,,"action=bigpanda_alert STDERR -  backports.configparser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.","err0r nix-all-logs nix_errors splunk_modalert splunkd-log",,,,,,lpec5009spksh03,,,"_internal",,,,,,1,,ERROR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"--_::._+___-_=__-__..:_____.",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"/opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log",splunkd,,"URL-REDACTED-HERE",,,,,,,,,error,,,error,,,,,,29,,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My initial suspicion is that it is related to enableheader  being overriden in etc/system/default/command.conf with false, but I tried it on my instance and I got no errors.

Any insights into this would be greatly apreciated!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...