All Apps and Add-ons

Why can't the Splunk App for Stream capture any data from the stream when REST API Modular Input is running?

bayuadhi
Explorer

I just installed App for Stream and REST API. The thing is when both of them are running, the App for Stream can't get any data from the stream. But if I kill the rest.py script, the stream is captured. Any idea how to resolve this? My temporary solution is to install 2 instances of Splunk, one for App for Stream and the other one for REST API.

mbrahmkshatriya
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello Bayuadhi,

Was just wondering did your issue got resolved ? I have been trying to recreate the similar scenario, but it is actually working fine under my setup. I have REST API and Streamfwd both running under the same instance of Splunk without any conflict.

Is there any specific rest api call that you are using, which if you would like to share then I can try it out.

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Do you have any log messages to go off for diagnosis here ?

0 Karma

bayuadhi
Explorer

when i check all log related with stream there is no problem at all. however app for stream still stop capturing. then i check all running process, i found rest.py process. i kill rest.py process -> restart server -> app for stream start capturing.

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

And can you replicate this with other Modular Inputs or Scripted Inputs that perform network operations ? Stream and Rest are 2 entirely seperate Apps , they don't directly interact in any way at all. Perhaps it is down to something in the inner workings of Stream at the network interface layer ?

0 Karma

csharp_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yeah, not ruling out this is actually happening, but I'm a little dubious as to the diagnosis. Please open a case with support, this shouldn't be happening and in order to diagnose it we probably need a diag.

0 Karma

bayuadhi
Explorer

actually I already get support from Splunk APAC, but they haven't resolved this either..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...