All Apps and Add-ons

Why are we getting a deployment checksum failure on all universal forwarders with the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows?

craigkleen
Communicator

After a recent deploy-server reload, all of my Splunk_TA_Windows clients except for 5 started showing up with the following client errors:

11-12-2015 14:43:24.037 -0800 WARN  ClientSessionsManager - ip=10.x.x.x name=946A6046-907B-408A-8887-77350DA2A96C Updating record for sc=Windows app=Splunk_TA_windows: action=Install result=Fail checksum=331432938900507147

The 5 that work are Exchange servers, run by a different system admin, but I can't find anything significantly different. We cleared this up before with newly deployed Universal Forwarders by deleting the Splunk_TA_Windows directory on the client machines and bouncing the UF, but I don't want to have to do this to 42 servers!

When I did my deploy-server reload, I was making changes in another app, only to set a TZ variable in a "local" props.conf for a particular sourcetype.

Does anyone have any clues about how to best fix this error permanently?

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...