All Apps and Add-ons

Why are there decommissioned instances listed in the S.o.S. pulldown for "server to query?"

dutch
Engager

Why am I seeing decommissioned instances (i.e. search peers, forwarders) in the S.o.S. pulldowns and deployment topology view?

splunksurekha
Path Finder

How this file $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/sos/lookups/splunk_forwarders_cache.csv gets populated.
I see some incorrect hosts in that file
Can i delete the file and regenerate it.
How to regenerate this file ???

0 Karma

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The S.o.S app maintains its asset tables in lookups files:

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/sos/lookups/splunk_servers_cache.csv
$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/sos/lookups/splunk_forwarders_cache.csv

To find out more about these lookup tables, I recommend to read the in-view help (accessible using the "Learn More" button) for the Deployment Topology view as well as the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/sos/lookups/splunk_servers_cache.csv.spec file.

Note that this maintenance of the lookup table only involves adding or updating records - S.o.S will not automatically remove entries of hosts that are no longer reachable.

If you decommissioned search peers, you'll need to edit the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/sos/lookups/splunk_servers_cache.csv lookup file to manually remove the entries corresponding to those instances.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...