All Apps and Add-ons

Why are some domains not parsed properly in the URL Parser?

mstarks
Engager

Some domains include the domain with the tld, and the subdomain with the domain. Examples include:

weddingdayhives.blogspot.com
culinary-adventures-with-cam.blogspot.com.au
glowing-fire-7414.firebaseapp.com

Anyone else?

0 Karma
1 Solution

mstarks
Engager

I think this is due to a misunderstanding of the way urlparser uses lists. By default, the Mozilla list is used, which includes domains like firebaseapp.com. This is not an IANA TLD, but a Mozilla Public Suffix List TLD, hence my confusion. To use IANA root domains, just pass it to the listname parameter (i.e. listname="iana"). It really all depends on your use case.

View solution in original post

mstarks
Engager

I think this is due to a misunderstanding of the way urlparser uses lists. By default, the Mozilla list is used, which includes domains like firebaseapp.com. This is not an IANA TLD, but a Mozilla Public Suffix List TLD, hence my confusion. To use IANA root domains, just pass it to the listname parameter (i.e. listname="iana"). It really all depends on your use case.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...