All Apps and Add-ons

Why are logs being sent by Palo Alto Networks App's syslog UDP not showing up in Splunk?

qtopia7100
Explorer

I can use TCPDUMP and see that logs are being sent to the correct port. I can use ngrep to see the data in the packets being received. They are in the right IETF format. I can see the events coming in via the Splunk metrics logs. But no logs are getting to Splunk.

I'm using the 6.0.2 add-on

Inputs.conf 
[udp://12002]
index = firewall-logs
disabled = false
sourcetype = pan:log
connection_host = ip
no_appending_timestamp = true

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

What metrics log show the events coming in? Metrics on forwarder, or metrics on indexer? Or do you have a single instance setup?

Have you tried searching over 'all time' in case there is some issue with the timestamp/timezone recognition?

0 Karma

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What is your indication that they aren't being ingested? Are you not seeing a dashboard populate? Are you running a search and not able to find the data?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...