All Apps and Add-ons

Why are events in the Splunk Add-on for CyberArk not being extracted?

stefan1988
Path Finder

Why are events in the Splunk Add-on for CyberArk not being extracted?

0 Karma
1 Solution

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk Add-on for CyberArk is missing a space in a REGEX causing events not to be extracted. Please adjust the TA into:
[cyberark_epv_cef_cyberark_pta_cef_extract_field_0]
REGEX = CEF:\s?(\d+)|((?:\||[^|]))|((?:\||[^|]))|((?:\||[^|]))|((?:\||[^|]))|((?:\||[^|]))|((?:\||[^|]))|[^\s|]+=.*
FORMAT = cef_cefVersion::$1 cef_vendor::$2 cef_product::$3 cef_version::$4 cef_signature::$5 cef_name::$6 cef_severity::$7

View solution in original post

ChadLangUAB
Path Finder

My fields are still not being extracted!

I replaced the original text with the Answers text:

REGEX = CEF:\s?(\d+)|((?:\||[^|]))|((?:\||[^|]))|((?:\||[^|]))|((?:\||[^|]))|((?:\||[^|]))|((?:\||[^|]))|[^\s|]+=.*
FORMAT = cef_cefVersion::$1 cef_vendor::$2 cef_product::$3 cef_version::$4 cef_signature::$5 cef_name::$6 cef_severity::$7

in:

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_cyberark/default/transforms.conf

Is there something I'm missing here? any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk Add-on for CyberArk is missing a space in a REGEX causing events not to be extracted. Please adjust the TA into:

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

thanks, there wasn't a way to make you also the answerer, stefan. in the future, please try and post as questions and answers. 🙂

0 Karma

asartori

Hello,

should i change the regex on every node of a distributed installation? Could you please change this in the Addon and release a new version? Would be really usefully.

regards
Andreas

0 Karma

stefan1988
Path Finder

Hello Andreas,

You cant put this on your SH, that will do.

regards
Stefan

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...