All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I unable to use dark.css outside of simple_xml_examples?

jeremiahc4
Builder

I'm trying to copy dark.css over to my own app as we don't have simple_xml_examples installed in our PROD environment. All I'm interested in is this single css file. I created an appserver/static directory, then copied the file into it. If I use '<form stylesheet="dark.css">' or '<form stylesheet="myapp:dark.css">' it doesn't work, however, if I use '<form stylesheet="simple_xml_exampls:dark.css">' it works on my DEV environment where that is installed.

I'm assuming I'm missing some odd reference to it in a conf file somewhere but cannot locate it. I only see that file referenced once in the simple_xml_examples directory in the Custom Layout Example : Dark page. I even copied the XML from that page into my app and tried it and it only works if I reference the app (i.e. stylesheet="simple_xml_examples:dark.css").

Anyone come across this and resolve it previously?

On Splunk 6.2.6 fwiw.

0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

Hi jeremiahc4,

This can have multiple reasons why it is not working. Here is a list of common troubleshooting:

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
Legend

Hi jeremiahc4,

This can have multiple reasons why it is not working. Here is a list of common troubleshooting:

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

jeremiahc4
Builder

I was doing the debug/refresh method which is OK as far as clearing server cache according to that link you gave, but I guess it's not as good as the old "Restart Splunk" button. It's working now, thank you.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Besides the debug/refresh you could also use the _bump method before a restart - Good to hear it worked 😉

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...