All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I unable to use dark.css outside of simple_xml_examples?

jeremiahc4
Builder

I'm trying to copy dark.css over to my own app as we don't have simple_xml_examples installed in our PROD environment. All I'm interested in is this single css file. I created an appserver/static directory, then copied the file into it. If I use '<form stylesheet="dark.css">' or '<form stylesheet="myapp:dark.css">' it doesn't work, however, if I use '<form stylesheet="simple_xml_exampls:dark.css">' it works on my DEV environment where that is installed.

I'm assuming I'm missing some odd reference to it in a conf file somewhere but cannot locate it. I only see that file referenced once in the simple_xml_examples directory in the Custom Layout Example : Dark page. I even copied the XML from that page into my app and tried it and it only works if I reference the app (i.e. stylesheet="simple_xml_examples:dark.css").

Anyone come across this and resolve it previously?

On Splunk 6.2.6 fwiw.

0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

Hi jeremiahc4,

This can have multiple reasons why it is not working. Here is a list of common troubleshooting:

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
Legend

Hi jeremiahc4,

This can have multiple reasons why it is not working. Here is a list of common troubleshooting:

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

jeremiahc4
Builder

I was doing the debug/refresh method which is OK as far as clearing server cache according to that link you gave, but I guess it's not as good as the old "Restart Splunk" button. It's working now, thank you.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Besides the debug/refresh you could also use the _bump method before a restart - Good to hear it worked 😉

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...