All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I unable to run the initial Home Monitor app setup with error "Page not found!"?

daniels25143
Engager

Just started using Splunk and trying to get the Home Monitor app working. Followed the directions posted via YouTube, installed Home Monitor, then Google Maps, and rebooted after each. When I log back into Splunk, it asks me to run the initial Home Monitor setup. However, when I click the link, I get the following error:

Page not found!
View more information about your request (request ID = 5711245181da34bea438) in Search 

This page was linked to from http://192.168.1.xxx:8000/en-US/manager/appinstall/homemonitor/checkstatus?

Any help would be appreciated.

e400425

Using following query, I am able to see data from my pfsense. However, using this home monitor app, none of dashboards are working. Could you please suggest what am I missing?

Do i need to setup special permission for home monitor app?

index=main sourcetype=pfsense host="pfSense.HOME.COM" filterlog
| rex "(?P<Month>\w+)\s(?<Day>\d{1,2})\s(?<Hour>\d{1,2}):(?<Minutes>\d{1,2}):(?<Seconds>\d{1,2})\s(?<RouterName>[^\.]+)\.(?<Suffix>[\S]+)\s\w+\s\d{1,2}\s\d{1,2}:\d{1,2}:\d{1,2}\s(?P<LogType>\w+):\s(?<RuleNumber>\d+),,,(?<Tracker>\d+),(?P<RealInterface>\w+),(?P<ReasonForLogEntry>\w+),(?P<Action>\w+),(?P<Direction>\w+),(?P<IPVersion>\w+),(?<tos>[^,]*),(?<ecn>[^,]*),(?<ttl>\d+),(?<id>\d+),(?<offset>\d+),(?<flags>\w+),(?<ProtocolId>\d+),(?<Protocol>[^,]+)"
| rex "^6,(?<class>\w+),(?<flowLabel>[^,]*),(?<hopLimit>\d+),(?<protocolText>[^,]+),(?<protocolId>\d+)"
| rex "tcp,(?:\d+,)?(?<Length>\d+),(?<SourceAddress>\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}),(?<DestinationAddress>\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}),(?<SourcePort>\d+),(?<DestinationPort>\d+),(?<DataLength>\d+),(?<TCPFlags>\w+),(?<SequenceNumber>[\d:]*),(?<AckNumber>\d*),(?<TCPWindow>\d*),(?<urg>[^,]*),(?<TCPOptions>.*)"
| rex "udp,(?:\d+,)?(?<Length>\d+),(?<SourceAddress>\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}),(?<DestinationAddress>\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}),(?<SourcePort>\d+),(?<DestinationPort>\d+),(?<DataLength>\d+)"
| rex "icmp,(?:\d+,)?(?<length>\d+),(?<SourceAddress>\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}),(?<DestinationAddress>\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}),(?<ICMPData>.*)"
| rex "(?<icmpType>request|reply),(?<EchoId>\d+),(?<EchoSequence>\d+)"
| rex "(?<icmpType>unreach|timexceed|paramprob|redirect|maskreply),(?<icmpDescription>.*)"
| rex "(?<icmpType>unreachproto),(?<icmpDestinationIpAddress>\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}),(?<unreachableProtocolId>.*)"
| rex "(?<icmpType>unreachport),(?<icmpDestinationIpAddress>\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}),(?<unreachableProtocolId>[^,]+),(?<unreachablePortNumber>\d+)"
| rex "(?<icmpType>needfrag),(?<icmpDestinationIpAddress>\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}),(?<icmpMTU>\d+)"
| rex "(?<icmpType>tstamp),(?<icmp_id>[^,]*),(?<icmpSequence>[^,]*)"
| rex "(?<icmpType>tstampreply),(?<icmpId>[^,]*),(?<icmpSequence>[^,]*),(?<icmpOTime>\d*),(?<icmpRTime>\d*),(?<icmpTtime>\d*)"
| table Month,Day,Hour,Minutes,Seconds,RouterName,Suffix,LogType,RuleNumber,Tracker,RealInterface,ReasonForLogEntry,Action,Direction,IPVersion,tos,ecn,ttl,id,offset,flags,ProtocolId,Protocol,class,flowLabel,hopLimit,protocolText,protocolId,Length,SourceAddress,DestinationAddress,SourcePort,DestinationPort,DataLength,DataLength,TCPFlags,SequenceNumber,AckNumber,TCPWindow,urg,TCPOptions,ICMPData,icmpType,EchoId,EchoSequence,icmpDescription,icmpDestinationIpAddress,unreachableProtocolId,unreachablePortNumber,icmpMTU,icmpId,icmpSequence,icmpOTime,icmpRTime,icmpTtime
0 Karma

amiracle
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Please see https://answers.splunk.com/answers/440675/404-when-setting-up-home-monitor-app.html#answer-442616 for the workaround / fix for now. I will be working on a solution in the app in the next release.

Thanks
Kam

0 Karma

amiracle
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The quick fix is to go into the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/homemonitor/default/setup.xml file and make the following edits:

Comment out the Windows bandwidth tests in the setup.xml file using the '< ! --' and '-- >' around the following stanza:

<block title="Enable Windows bandwidth tests" endpoint="data/inputs/script/" entity="%24SPLUNK_HOME%5Cetc%5Capps%5Chomemonitor%5Cbin%5Cspeedtest.bat">
<text>Enable Windows Bandwidth Test</text>
<input field="disabled">
<label>Disabled, please uncheck to enable.</label>
<type>bool</type>
</input>
<text>Interval for script default is 30 minutes or 1800 seconds</text>
<input field="interval">
<label>Time in seconds</label>
<type>text</type>
</input>
</block>

If you need to enable the Windows Bandwidth test, you can do it manually by making the following edit to your $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/homemonitor/local/inputs.conf file:

[script://$SPLUNK_HOME\etc\apps\homemonitor\bin\speedtest.bat]
disabled=0

This should be below the enabled UDP 514 input

I've updated the latest version of the app (4.5.1) to contain this fix.

0 Karma

amiracle
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have not tested it out on Server 2012, but I can tell you the work around if you're having issues with setting up the app. Open your SPLUNK_HOME directory (I'll assume c:\Program Files\Splunk) and go to \etc\apps\homemonitor\ and create the local directory (if it hasn't been created already).

Create the file app.conf and use this stanza :

[install]
is_configured = 1

Crate the file inputs.conf and use this stanza :
[script://./bin/speedtest.bat]
disabled = 0

[udp://514]
disabled = 0

Now, once they are enabled just make sure that you have opened UDP 514 from your firewall / router to your Windows Server on the Windows Firewall.

Let me know how that works for you.

-Kam

ljaffe

I am running Home Monitor with Splunk 6.4.2 on linux (Ubuntu 16.04). I too was getting the same error and tried your solution above. That got me part of the way. Now I have a Home Monitor logo but when I click on it I get "App configuration...The "home | monitor > 4.5.0" app has not been fully configured yet." then I can click on a button that says "continue to app setup page." That takes me to

Page not found!

View more information about your request (request ID = 57a90af9f77fe8a04f4ed0) in Search

I guess I'm missing some additional items in the inputs.conf and app.conf files?

0 Karma

ljaffe

OK, weird. I logged back into my splunk instance today and the 'continue to app setup page' is working. It appears to be collecting data from my router. I'll give it a few hours and we'll see what happens.

0 Karma

amiracle
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What OS are you running your Splunk server? (Windows / Linux / Mac OS X)? What version of Splunk are you running? If you just click on the Splunk Logo, does it allow you to view the app?

0 Karma

daniels25143
Engager

I'm running Server 2012, with Splunk version 6.4.0. When I just click the Home Monitor logo on the left pane, I get a screen that says the app hasn't been fully configured yet.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...