All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I unable to add custom navigation menus to the Cisto eStreamer for Splunk app?

kearaspoor
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In the past I've successfully added custom navigation menus to a variety of Splunkbase and custom apps with no problem, but when I attempt to do the same in the Cisco eStreamer for Splunk app, the XML changes aren't taking.

It's a fairly simple change... I'm adding these lines via the web-interface with admin credentials:

<collection label="<business unit> Reports">
        <saved source="all" match="<business unit>" />
</collection>   

I've verified that the change is present in: /HOME/apps/eStreamer/local/data/ui/nav/default.xml

And since we have a search head cluster, I've also verified that the changed have replicated to all the nodes.

Anyone have any ideas why this app won't take the change when others have?

0 Karma
1 Solution

kearaspoor
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Never mind... this was a user error... every other time I'd created a new navigation menu I'd already had content saved that met the "match" criteria. This time I was creating the menu in anticipating needing a spot to place content that hadn't yet been saved.
As soon as I saved my first search with the "match" criteria, the menu displayed.

Didn't realize that the XML wouldn't pre-populate the collection information without content.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kearaspoor
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Never mind... this was a user error... every other time I'd created a new navigation menu I'd already had content saved that met the "match" criteria. This time I was creating the menu in anticipating needing a spot to place content that hadn't yet been saved.
As soon as I saved my first search with the "match" criteria, the menu displayed.

Didn't realize that the XML wouldn't pre-populate the collection information without content.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...