All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I unable to add cloud services account information while configuring the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services?sd

hgehrts_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi all

I'm trying to configure the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services, but I'm hitting a wall here. When I provide the credentials and hit save, a new login to MS Cloud pops up. I click on my login (because I'm already logged in), but nothing happens. Does this have to do with the redirect url?
alt text

0 Karma

lestat1760
Explorer

i had the same issue. i have resolved it by installing splunk on a remote server in order to have a public IP instead of localhost.
After the authentication, it can redirect and return the token code and to your SPLUNK server.

0 Karma

ashok26

You can follow this url

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/MSCloudServices/Configureaccount

use your terminal and add the data, It will not ask the microsoft credentials.

Connect to your account using configuration files
If you do not have access to Splunk Web on your data collection node, you can configure the connection to your account using the configuration files.

1. Create or open $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_microsoft-cloudservices/local/splunk_ta_ms_o365_server_accounts.conf.

2. Add the following stanza.

[]
client_id =
client_secret =
tenant_id =

0 Karma

RichGeek

We also have the same issue. Running Splunk Version 6.3.3

0 Karma

lestat1760
Explorer

Does someone knows how to solve it ? i use Splunk 6.4 , failed with the same problem

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...