All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I seeing this error? Failed to find a valid configuration for multikv stanza = 'tsv_cloudwatch'

DerekB
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If I click through the Data Summary box and select sourcetype = cloudwatch, I receive the following error message from my indexers:

Failed to find a valid configuration for multikv stanza = 'tsv_cloudwatch'

1 Solution

DerekB
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The problem here is because the multikv.conf file that is located in the Splunk_TA_aws does not exist on the indexer. In this case, it was only installed on the search head.
To remove the error, either install the Splunk_TA_aws on the indexer or copy the multikv.conf file located in etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/default from the search head to the indexer and then restart the splunk service.

View solution in original post

DerekB
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The problem here is because the multikv.conf file that is located in the Splunk_TA_aws does not exist on the indexer. In this case, it was only installed on the search head.
To remove the error, either install the Splunk_TA_aws on the indexer or copy the multikv.conf file located in etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/default from the search head to the indexer and then restart the splunk service.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...