All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I receiving the following Collections.conf and Drilldown_settings warning messages after installing the Alert Manager App?

MSKinder
Engager

Hello,

After installing the new Alert Manager app, I received the following message in Splunkd.log

"MongoModificationsTracker - Could not load configuration for collection 'drilldown_settings' in application 'alert_manager'. Collection will be ignored."

This is because there isn't a stanza value in the collections.conf titled drilldown_settings, as well as no key value pairs. I've disabled the collections within lookups so the error no longer fires.

Is this something that was missed by the App author?

Is drilldown_settings remnants from the older version of alert_manger?

If you repaired this within collections.conf could you be specific about where you find the information? (ie which Python script and where at in the Python script),Hello,

Tags (1)

napomokoetle
Communicator

When creating the collection definition in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/alert_manager/default/transforms.conf for the alert_manager splunk app, the author/s were not uniform in listing the fields for the 'drilldown_settings' collection, and that creates the error you're witnessing in your splunkd.log file.

To fix the issue, just put a space between the comman (,) and field name "label" in the fields_list parameter

ORIGINAL DEFINITION LOOKS AS FOLLOWS:

[drilldown_settings]
external_type = kvstore
collection = drilldown_settings
fields_list = _key, type*,label*, search, field, disabled, comment

AFTER EDITING THE DEFINITION, IT SHOULD LOOK AS FOLLOWS

[drilldown_settings]
external_type = kvstore
collection = drilldown_settings
fields_list = _key, type, label, search, field, disabled, comment

I hope that helps.

pisit_t
Engager

i found another solution that you change configuration in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/alert_manager/default/collections.conf , then add text below in bottom of the files

[drilldown_settings]
enforceTypes = true
field.type = string
field.field = string
field.disabled = bool
field.label = string
field.search = string

field.comment = string

save its and restart splunk service, after that the WARNING is nothing 😄

reference change from github:
https://github.com/alertmanager/alert_manager/commit/d6b0836579805428217dac2c5b0a5a0e32b4c87f#diff-2...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...