All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I receiving a lot of different error messages with the usage of the DLTK?

Finn
Explorer

When using the DLTK, I get a lot of different error messages rather frequently, the most often occurring being:"Could not parse xml reply (no reply from script). See splunkd.log for more info.." with "02-25-2022 11:21:05.426 +0100 WARN HttpListener [16744 HttpDedicatedIoThread-7] - Socket error from 127.0.0.1:60124 while accessing /services/mltk-container/sync: Winsock error 10053" as the corresponding entry in the log file.

The state of the DLTK on my machine is, that a connection with Docker has been successfully established, but no containers are found in the containers context menu except for the __dev__ container, which cant be started.

I have pulled some of the images from dockerhub as described in the setup guide for air gapped environments, even though mine is not. These are not found by Splunk.

Has anyone got any idea of what I might be doing wrong, I have tried to follow the setup guide as closely as possible without success.

Thanks in advance

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Finn
Explorer

One solution to the containers not starting seemed to be reinstalling WSL 2 in my case. Intrestingly enough though , the error message described above still appears, but without causing too severe consequences.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Finn
Explorer

One solution to the containers not starting seemed to be reinstalling WSL 2 in my case. Intrestingly enough though , the error message described above still appears, but without causing too severe consequences.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...