All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I receiving a Warning/Error Message - Unsupported JRE detected on Splunk DB Connect after upgrading to 7.1?

rogue_carrot
Communicator

Hello Team Splunk,

I have a slight problem with my "Splunk DB Connect" app installed on Splunk Enterprise 7.1.0. When I installed the app, Splunk DB Connect, the app automatically found the JRE on the operating system. I was amazed by this. The programming logic may not be that amazing but I was glad I did not have to find out this information for myself. Well anyway, when I clicked the "Save" button I saw a warning/error message that momentarily appeared and then disappeared. I took a screenshot of the warning/error message.
Warning/Error message about JRE - Splunk DB Connect Configuration
Figure 1: Warning/Error message about JRE - Splunk DB Connect - Configuration

So, the Linux operating system I am using has Java 8 installed. Is this actually a problem? I read in another post that app requires the proprietary version of Java. That post is here: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/461927/splunk-db-connect-how-to-resolve-jre-status-unsupp.html

Will the app work with the current JRE or do I need the JRE from Oracle?

Regards,

Rogue_Carrot

0 Karma
1 Solution

solarboyz1
Builder

The error is indicating you have the OpenJDK version of java, not the oracle version.

You will need to install the oracle version, and then point your dbconnect at the oracle version (DB Connect -> Configuraiton -> Settings -> General)

View solution in original post

solarboyz1
Builder

The error is indicating you have the OpenJDK version of java, not the oracle version.

You will need to install the oracle version, and then point your dbconnect at the oracle version (DB Connect -> Configuraiton -> Settings -> General)

rogue_carrot
Communicator

Thank-you for the answer. I am going to try this. I will mark your answer as correct if this works.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...