All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I getting the following error when trying to install the Splunk Add on Builder on a Windows machine?

EDCIntelli
Explorer

Hi,

I made an add on using Splunk Add on Builder and exported the ".spl" package. When I download the add on from Splunk Base and install it on mac, the add on works perfectly fine, however, when i try to install it on a Windows machine, I get the following error.

I tried installing Splunk Enterprise on my Windows machine (as opposed to OSX). But, when I try to install the add-on, I get the following error:

Error during app install: failed to extract app from C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\kk098a9f174dacea.tar.gz to C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\splunk\bundle_tmp\f70e7af46277cgy7: The system cannot find the path specified.

Are there any extra installation steps I need to be taking on Windows or should I change any configuration while exporting the package from Splunk Add on Builder.

I would really appreciate your help please!

0 Karma

jlarsonq
Explorer

I had a similar error for a different app, the issue was a corrupted download. If you try to untar it manually does it give an error?

0 Karma

chli_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you downloaded the .spl package from Addon Builder, it's nothing special as a normal app. Do these 2 paths exist on your windows machine? Please check your folder permission as well.

0 Karma

apietersen
Contributor

Completely ridiculous, at Nov-2023 on Splunk Enterprise v91.1.1 still an issue installing Python for Scientific Computing (for Windows 64-bit), even after change setting upload limit in web.conf as documented

# Default is to allow files up to 500MB to be uploaded to the server
# change this in local/web.conf if necessary
# max_upload_size = 500.
max_upload_size = 5000.

1. There was an error processing the upload.Error during app install: failed to extract app from C:\Windows\TEMP\tmpp0s51vp5 to D:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\splunk\bundle_tmp\f8e20425d3b382c7: The system cannot find the path specified.

What do I miss here, how much must be this size be to , what units, or where are the brains of splunk.
Splunk Enterprise after v9. 1.x is full of **bleep**. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...