All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I getting the following error when trying to install the Splunk Add on Builder on a Windows machine?

EDCIntelli
Explorer

Hi,

I made an add on using Splunk Add on Builder and exported the ".spl" package. When I download the add on from Splunk Base and install it on mac, the add on works perfectly fine, however, when i try to install it on a Windows machine, I get the following error.

I tried installing Splunk Enterprise on my Windows machine (as opposed to OSX). But, when I try to install the add-on, I get the following error:

Error during app install: failed to extract app from C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\kk098a9f174dacea.tar.gz to C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\splunk\bundle_tmp\f70e7af46277cgy7: The system cannot find the path specified.

Are there any extra installation steps I need to be taking on Windows or should I change any configuration while exporting the package from Splunk Add on Builder.

I would really appreciate your help please!

0 Karma

jlarsonq
Explorer

I had a similar error for a different app, the issue was a corrupted download. If you try to untar it manually does it give an error?

0 Karma

chli_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you downloaded the .spl package from Addon Builder, it's nothing special as a normal app. Do these 2 paths exist on your windows machine? Please check your folder permission as well.

0 Karma

apietersen
Contributor

Completely ridiculous, at Nov-2023 on Splunk Enterprise v91.1.1 still an issue installing Python for Scientific Computing (for Windows 64-bit), even after change setting upload limit in web.conf as documented

# Default is to allow files up to 500MB to be uploaded to the server
# change this in local/web.conf if necessary
# max_upload_size = 500.
max_upload_size = 5000.

1. There was an error processing the upload.Error during app install: failed to extract app from C:\Windows\TEMP\tmpp0s51vp5 to D:\Program Files\Splunk\var\run\splunk\bundle_tmp\f8e20425d3b382c7: The system cannot find the path specified.

What do I miss here, how much must be this size be to , what units, or where are the brains of splunk.
Splunk Enterprise after v9. 1.x is full of **bleep**. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...