All Apps and Add-ons
Highlighted

Why am I getting the following connection error with DB Connect App: "Cannot communicate with task server, please check your settings issue."

I have installed the DB connect app on my instance of Splunk. I am facing an error message that reads "Cannot communicate with task server, please check your settings issue."

I found the below error in the logs.

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from

"/home/iapsp02/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/linux_x86_64/bin/server.sh" com.splunk.modularinput.Event.writeTo(Event.java:65)\\com.splunk.modularinput.EventWriter.writeEvent(EventWriter.java:134)\\com.splunk.dbx.server.bootstrap.TaskServerStart.streamEvents(TaskServerStart.java:77)\\com.splunk.modularinput.Script.run(Script.java:66)\\com.splunk.modularinput.Script.run(Script.java:44)\\com.splunk.dbx.server.bootstrap.TaskServerStart.main(TaskServerStart.java:150)\\

And here is another error:

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from 

"/home/iapsp02/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/linux_x86_64/bin/server.sh" 03:08:51.576 [main] INFO com.splunk.dbx.utils.TrustManagerUtil - action=load_key_manager_succeed
0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Why am I getting the following connection error with DB Connect App: "Cannot communicate with task server, please check your settings issue."

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@mpragav143,

It looks like a connection issue from your splunk server to DB server

• Check your central firewall settings from the splunk server to the DB server.
  • Also check the local iptables/firewalld settings on your machine.
  • Make sure java is installed
0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Why am I getting the following connection error with DB Connect App: "Cannot communicate with task server, please check your settings issue."

App deployed on same server. iptables/firewalld service already stopped on server. Java 1.8 is also installed.

0 Karma
Highlighted

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mpragav143,

I am getting same error with Splunk 7.1.2 and DB Connect 3.1.3. After getting this error you are not able to setup new connections ? What problem are you facing ?

Highlighted

When i open db connect app, i could see this error.
"Cannot communicate with task server, please check your settings" , and one more error is "Bad gateway"

0 Karma
Highlighted

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you have the right JDBC driver installed?

---
If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Highlighted

yes java 1.8 installed.

0 Karma
Highlighted

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You need to make sure that you have oracle JRE or JDK. Additionally task server runs on port 9998 by default if this port is occupied by other process then task server will not start in that case you need to use other port for task server.

0 Karma
Highlighted

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

DB Connect wants the JRE, not the JDK.

---
0 Karma
Highlighted

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I asked about the JDBC driver, NOT Java. They're different things, installed differently. See http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.1.3/DeployDBX/Installdatabasedrivers

---
0 Karma