All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I getting the Add-on Validation fails from Data Collection Node?

shannan2
Explorer

I have recently deployed the Splunk OVA for VMWare which acts as the Data Collection Node to use with the Splunk app and Add-ons for VMWare. I have followed the install and configuration instructions from the documentation which was fairly simple, but now when I go to the collection configuration page within the VMWare app I can make a successful connection, but I am left with "Username/Password are good but apps are not there" in Add-on Validation.

Since this was deployed from an OVA, it should have all the apps pre-installed. As well, I have confirmed that I can see all the add-ons on the Data Collection node in /opt/splunk/etc/apps that are listed as needed in the below link. (might not show up because of low karma but is the Installation Overview for the VMWare add-ons.)

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/VMW/Installationoverview

Has anyone seen something like this before or have any suggestions on what to try next?

Edit: I recognized that my OVA, indexers and search heads had different versions running of the apps and add-on, so I upgraded all to the latest 3.4.1 package, but still am unfortunately seeing the same error. I had hoped the versioning difference would have solved it not finding the apps, but was not that lucky today.

tiffanyfoster
Explorer

Did you ever find a resolution for this?  I'm having the same issue.

UPDATE: For me, the addons were named XXX_inframon.  When I renamed them to remove _inframon, the validation succeeded.  Still trying to determine where the mismatch is as this doesn't seem to be a long term solution.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...