All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I getting the Add-on Validation fails from Data Collection Node?

shannan2
Explorer

I have recently deployed the Splunk OVA for VMWare which acts as the Data Collection Node to use with the Splunk app and Add-ons for VMWare. I have followed the install and configuration instructions from the documentation which was fairly simple, but now when I go to the collection configuration page within the VMWare app I can make a successful connection, but I am left with "Username/Password are good but apps are not there" in Add-on Validation.

Since this was deployed from an OVA, it should have all the apps pre-installed. As well, I have confirmed that I can see all the add-ons on the Data Collection node in /opt/splunk/etc/apps that are listed as needed in the below link. (might not show up because of low karma but is the Installation Overview for the VMWare add-ons.)

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/VMW/Installationoverview

Has anyone seen something like this before or have any suggestions on what to try next?

Edit: I recognized that my OVA, indexers and search heads had different versions running of the apps and add-on, so I upgraded all to the latest 3.4.1 package, but still am unfortunately seeing the same error. I had hoped the versioning difference would have solved it not finding the apps, but was not that lucky today.

tiffanyfoster
Explorer

Did you ever find a resolution for this?  I'm having the same issue.

UPDATE: For me, the addons were named XXX_inframon.  When I renamed them to remove _inframon, the validation succeeded.  Still trying to determine where the mismatch is as this doesn't seem to be a long term solution.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...