All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I getting "cannot find the factory for this scheme: jsr160rmiconnector" configuring the Splunk Add-on for IBM WAS for Websphere 8.5.5

vamseepotluri

I am trying to configure the JMX add on app for my WebSphere Application, but I am getting this error message and not sure on how to resolve it. Please let me know on how to fix this.

For Splunk_TA_jmx app:
a) Created the Manage JMX Servers: 9810 -> Boot Strap Address of the WebSphere Application server.

Name    Description Connection  Account Interval    App Actions
IISApp01    IISApp01    service:jmx:iiop://<hostname>/jndi/JSR160RMIConnector:iiop:<hostname>:9810/WsnAdminNameService#JSR160RMIConnector   wasadmin        Splunk_TA_jmx   Delete | Edit

b) Added the associated task to the server.

Name    Description Servers Templates   Interval    Index   Source Type App Status  Actions
IIS_AppJMX_01   IIS_AppJMX_01   Splunk_TA_jmx:IISApp01  Splunk_TA_jmx:Predefined_Get_All_Template   60  main    jmx Splunk_TA_jmx   Enabled | Disable   

c) Error Message: the jmx log shows this error and I did try to troubleshoot it, but none of them doesn’t work.

2015-12-16 16:22:06,321 - com.splunk.modinput.ModularInput -720382 [Thread-7] ERROR  - Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ConfigurationException: NamingManager.getURLContext cannot find the factory for this scheme: jsr160rmiconnector
0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

naming convention? firewall?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...